by Dilek Acar, Acar Real Estate Inc.
The 2018 real estate market was a successful season for many sellers and buyers. I have always told my clients that the best time for listing and selling your home in the Rolla area is February through July. The key to selling your home as quickly as possible in today’s market is to price it correctly, according to current market conditions in the area. This would be a good time to contact your local real estate agent and ask for a Comparative Market Analysis. There are also several strategies that sellers can use to make their home more attractive to potential buyers. Maintaining and enhancing your home’s exterior, decluttering, and a thorough cleaning can help make a good first impression. In addition, I would also advise having a home inspection performed prior to listing your home on the market to help avoid any unseen complications that could slow or hinder a future sale. These tips can lead to shorter days on the market and a greater chance of a successful closing.
- Average days on Market: between 2013 and 2018 the number of avg. days on market has decreased roughly 60% from an average of nearly 160 days in 2013 to 65 days in 2018 depending on the price range of your home.
- Residential Properties Sold: there has been a slow and steady increase in residential homes sales and sales price between 2013 and 2017, peaking to 349 homes in 2017.
- New Listings: In 2017, there were 507 new listings in the Rolla area, and year to date in 2018, that number has increased to 579. The number of residential properties sold has increased from 312 in 2015 to 349 in 2017. In 2018 year to date, there has been 289 properties sold in Rolla.
- In the last 3 years, there has been an increase of 38.3% in the number of residential properties sold in the state of MO., with an increase in median residential selling price of 12.5%. In comparison, the Rolla area has seen an increase of approximately 11% in the number of residential properties sold and an increase of approximately 8% in median residential selling price from 2015-2017.
- All statistics obtained from Maris Matrix system
Dilek Acar is broker/owner at Acar Real Estate, Inc. She has been a Licensed Real Estate agent since 1998. “I’ve built my business on the foundation of satisfied clients, a referral is the best compliment that I can receive. My goal is to provide you with the very best personal, honest, and professional services”.