Committees play a vital role in the Rolla Area Chamber of Commerce. By joining a committee, you can match your passion and interests in service to our community. Committee membership is open to all Chamber Member businesses and their employees. If you would like to participate and add value to your Chamber membership, sign up for a committee(s) by contacting the Chamber office at 573-364-3577.
Small Business Committee
The Education Committee
The Phelps for the Fort (PFTF) Committee
The Phelps for the Fort (PFTF) committee is a joint effort of the Rolla and St. James Chambers, and the Association of the United States Army (AUSA) to direct Phelps County’s relationship with our cherished area employer Fort Leonard Wood. PFTF helps the community respond to the opportunities presented by the military community at Ft. Leonard Wood.
Our bylaws state the Organization is established to promote the expansion, development and effectiveness of Fort Leonard Wood. They further state that the Committee will work with and provide support for the military citizens of the region and work cooperatively with all other communities with a vested interest in the success of the military missions at Ft. Leonard Wood.
PFTF maintains a close relationship with representatives of the FLW command group, the other two military support groups in Pulaski and Laclede Counties, the Leonard Wood Institute and Missouri University of Science and Technology.
One of the members businesses hosts the first Thursday monthly meeting. Please contact the Chamber to get the meeting details or inquire further about the organization.
The Event Planning Committee
- Banquet (January) – Plan and coordinate theme, meal, location, sponsorships and entertainment.
- Best Ever St. Pat’s 5K (March)
- Mini Golf Tournament (June) – Plan and coordinate theme, meal, teams and sponsorships.
- Golf Tournament (September) – Plan and coordinate the annual Chamber golf tournament.
- Business Bound Progressive Dinner (October) – Assist with planning the menu, host venues and coordinating the dinner.
- Rolla Unwrapped (November)
- Christmas Parade (December)
- Seminars and Workshops – Plan, coordinate educational events, focusing on training business leaders and employees.